Rafael A. Barrio
Professor (UNAM), adjunct professor (HUT)
- Helsinki University of Technology
- Lab. of Computational Engineering
- P.O. Box 9203 (Tekniikantie 14)
- FIN-02015 HUT, FINLAND
- Instituto de Física
- Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
- Apartado Postal 20-364
- 01000 México, D.F., México
- +358 9 451 4907 (HUT)
- +52 55 5622 5085 (UNAM)
- +358 9 451 4830 (HUT)
- +52 55 5622 5008 (UNAM)
- +52 55 5616 1535 (UNAM)
Rafael Barrio, Ph.D., joined the Institute of Physics at UNAM (México) in 1989 at the Department of Chemical Physics, and was appointed Adjunct Professor at LCE in 2002. He holds a
Ph.D. (D. Phil) degree in Theoretical Physics from Oxford University , A MSc. In Theoretical Physics and A MSc. in Materials
Science from U.N.A.M.
- Disordered Solids, Polymers, and Amorphous Solids, electronic and vibrational properties. Amorphous alloys, and Glasses.
- Processes of Solid growth, theoretical and numerical simulations.
- Metallurgy: Radiation damage, Phase transitions, Plastic deformation, Electron Microscopy, Metallography and X-Ray and Neutron Diffraction.
- Excitons in Ceramics, Electron-electron correlations and Superconductivity.
- Properties of Quasicrystalline networks.
- Dynamical Complex Systems, pattern formation using reaction-diffusion
equations with applications to biological sytems
- Computational Methods.and large exponential networks.
Page updated dd.mm.2003