S-114.1327 Fysiikka III (EST) (6 op)
The lectures and exercises are held only in Finnish but the
topic of the course is approximately covered by the book:
R. Harris, Modern Physics,
2nd edition, Addison Wesley, 2008.
The english exams will be based on the contents of the following chapters:
- Chapter 3: Waves and Particles I: Electromagnetic Radiation Behaving as Particles
- Chapter 4: Waves and Particles II: Matter Behaving as Waves
- Chapter 5: Bound States: Simple Cases
- Chapter 6: Unbound States: Steps, Tunneling, and Particle-Wave Propagation
- Chapter 7: Quantum Mechanics in Three Dimensions and the Hydrogen Atom
- Chapter 8: Spin and Atomic Physics
- Chapter 9: Statistical Mechanics
- Chapter 10: Bonding: Molecules and Solids
Next english examination: February 14th 2008 at 15:00.
Sign for the exam by writing an E-mail to the lecturer: